Building procedures

Do you need a building permit, proof of residence or a demolition permit? Do you want to determine the market value of a property or do you need an energy performance certificate? Here you will find services and contacts at public authorities regarding building procedures.


Application/notification for permission to work in the cemetery (for tradesmen)

For commercial work in the cemetery, you must apply for permission in advance or give notice of such work.

Building - Application for building inspection approval

Building projects that do not require approval, exemption from approval or construction supervision require the approval of the upper building supervisory authority in the Thuringian State Administration Office.

Building - Application for extension of the building permit/preliminary building permit

The extension of a building permit can also be applied for repeatedly at the lower building supervisory authority.

Building - Exemption from approval for the change of use of a building structure

If you require a change of use of a facility that does not require planning permission, you must contact the competent authority.

Building - Notification of a change of building owner

If the building owner changes, the new building owner must inform the lower building supervisory authority immediately in writing.

Building - Notification of a change to a building without planning permission

You require a permit exemption if you wish to make changes to buildings and structures that do not require a building permit. You must notify the competent authority of this exemption.

Construction - Notification of a change of site manager

You must notify the competent authority of any change of site manager.

Construction - notification of exemption from approval of a construction project

You do not need a building permit for certain construction projects. Instead of a building permit, only a notification is required. For this you need a permit exemption.

ERDF funding for sustainable urban development and energy-efficient urban refurbishment

ERDF funding for sustainable urban development and energy-efficient urban redevelopment provides long-term, effective and visible impetus for the sustainable development of Thuringia's central locations.

Housing - Application for a certificate of completion

You need the certificate of completion to divide a property into condominiums.

Building survey

For chargeable building surveying you must commission a licensed publicly appointed surveyor (ÖbVI).

Please select the desired service on the left.