Further education

You’re never too old to learn! Further education, retraining, completing your school education as an adult, or doing a part-time university degree can improve your career options. But how does professional development work and what financial support is available? You will find information on the topic of further education and retraining here.


Adult Education Center

Information on the offerings of the Thuringian adult education centers can be found on the pages of the cities and districts or at the Thuringian Adult Education Association.

Apply for Aufstiegs-BAföG

If you are continuing your education, you can receive financial support under the Upgrading Training Assistance Act (Aufstiegsfortbildungsförderungsgesetz, AFBG) under certain...

Apply for a residence permit for education and training purposes

Regardless of your qualifications, you can obtain a residence permit to complete in-company vocational training or continuing education in Germany.

Apprenticeship and internship exchange

The apprenticeship and internship exchange facilitates the regional and national search for your desired occupation and the right training company. The IHKs show you which...

Auditor - Appointment

To be appointed as a certified public accountant, you must submit an application and pass an examination.

Chartered accountant - public appointment/ swearing in

Sworn auditors must be appointed by the Chamber of Public Accountants in order to practice their profession. The appointment simultaneously establishes membership in the Chamber...

Dangerous goods transports - examinations of dangerous goods drivers Application for approval (including ADR certificate)

Dangerous goods can only be transported by road under certain conditions. The transport of dangerous goods is regulated by the Dangerous Goods Ordinance for Road, Rail and...

Economic experts - public appointment/swearing in

Only economic experts such as business economists work as sworn/publicly appointed economic experts. They are able to take a stand on economic issues due to their expertise and...

Educational leave in accordance with the Thuringian Educational Leave Act (ThürBfG)

You are an employee and would like to participate in a recognized educational event according to the Thuringian Educational Leave Act (ThürBfG)? Then you must make this claim in...


Home adult educationcenters (HVHS) are institutions of adult education of supra-regional importance, whose educational work is aimed at a closed group of participants with a...

Recognition of educational events in accordance with the Thuringian Educational Leave Act (ThürBfG)

You are the organizer of an educational event and want to have it recognized under the Thuringian Education Exemption Act? Then you must submit an application for this.

Residence permit for education and training purposes Apply for extension

You must extend your residence permit, which was issued to you for education and training purposes, in good time if you wish to continue your education or training in Germany.

Tax consultant - appointment

If you want to work as a tax consultant or tax agent, you need the official appointment of the competent chamber of tax consultants.

Tax consulting company - recognition

You want to establish a tax consulting company? Find out here what you need to consider.

Vocational guidance

Making the right decision is not easy - especially when it concerns the choice of career and thus one's own future. Many questions arise on the way to professional life. That's...

Vocational guidance

If you need help in choosing from various training opportunities or would like more information about individual occupations, please contact the Vocational Information Center...

Please select the desired service on the left.