Before the birth

Even when planning your family and during pregnancy, there are services you can use and preparations you can make.


Apply for one-time benefits

Moving, pregnancy, birth: If you lack money for certain situations in your life, you can apply for one-time benefits.

Apply for parental allowance

If you take care of your child after birth, the parental allowance compensates for missing income.

Certify acknowledgement of paternity

If you wish to make a declaration acknowledging paternity of a child and a declaration of consent by the mother, this can be publicly certified by registrars in any registry office, at youth welfare offices and before notaries.

Certify declaration of custody

If the parents are not married to each other at the time of the child's birth, they are entitled to joint parental custody if they make a declaration of custody.

Maternity recognition

  • If you wish to make a declaration recognizing maternity to your child, to the extent required by your home country law or the law of the country in which the child is habitually resident.

Parental leave advice

When you become a parent, you are entitled to unpaid leave from work, provided you meet certain requirements. You must register your parental leave in writing with your employer.

Parental leave utilization

You can plan your 3 years of parental leave flexibly, but you must meet certain requirements. You must give notice of your parental leave to your employer.

Pregnancy and pregnancy conflict counseling

For topics related to the topic of (unwanted) pregnancy, you can contact free of charge the Pregnancy- and pregnancy conflict counseling. The consultations can also be conducted anonymously.

Receive parental benefit advice

If you need advice on parental allowance, you can contact the regional parental allowance office.

Show birth

You must report the birth of a child to the relevant registry office. You can find out more about this here.

Please select the desired service on the left.