Building a house or buying property

Whether you are looking at a new-build, buying an existing property or renovating, there are lots of things to bear in mind when building or buying a property. What support is available from state assistance programmes? Find out about grants and tax incentives. Maybe you can make a dream of owning your own home come true.


Apply for a housing construction premium

If you pay premium-subsidized expenses to promote housing construction, you can apply for a housing construction premium.

Apply for child building benefit

If you are buying or building residential property for your family for your own use, you can apply for building child benefit under certain conditions.

Archaeological Heritage

Soil monuments are movable or immovable objects that are evidence, remains or traces of human culture (archaeological monuments) or animal or plant life (paleontological monument...

Building - Application for a certificate for the division of land

If a plot of land is to be divided, you can apply for a certificate for the division of land.

Building - application for an exemption from a change restriction to secure urban land use planning

You can apply for an exemption from a change restriction to secure urban land use planning if overriding public interests do not conflict with this.

Building - Application for building inspection approval

Building projects that do not require approval, exemption from approval or construction supervision require the approval of the upper building supervisory authority in the Thuringian State Administration Office.

Building - application for building permit / for permit exemption

If new buildings are erected, changes are made to buildings or their use is changed, a building permit is required. The building permit procedure is carried out by the lower building authorities. Smaller building projects are exempt under certain conditions.

Building - Application for change of use of buildings

A change of use is a change to the approved type of use of a building. When registering a business, for example, it is advisable to obtain information from the building supervisory authority in advance.

Building - Application for extension of the building permit/preliminary building permit

The extension of a building permit can also be applied for repeatedly at the lower building supervisory authority.

Building - application for partial building permit

To be able to start construction before a building permit is issued, you can apply for a partial building permit.

Building - Application for preliminary building permit / preliminary building application

Before submitting a building application, you can clarify final questions by means of a so-called preliminary building application. You must apply for this to the relevant authority.

Building - Application for registration of a building encumbrance in the register of building encumbrances

Construction encumbrances are declarations of obligation under public law by which the respective property owners undertake to do, tolerate or refrain from doing something on their property.

Building - get advice on building regulations

In certain cases, you can obtain advice from the lower building supervisory authority on individual legal requirements for your building project.

Building - indication of commencement of use

You must notify the competent authority of the use of an installation.

Building - Request for information / inspection / excerpt from the register of building encumbrances

If you demonstrate a legitimate interest, you can inspect the register of building encumbrances and obtain copies.

Construction - Application for extension of type approval for buildings and other structures at several locations

A type approval is valid for five years, which can be extended by up to five years on application. In Thuringia, the state administration office is responsible as the higher building supervisory authority.

Construction - Application for type approval of structural systems with the same design

Structural installations or parts of structural installations that are subject to mandatory inspection and that are erected or used in the same design at several locations must be inspected by an inspection authority with regard to their stability.

Construction - Application for type testing of structural systems with a specific system

If you want to erect structures in the same design or with a specific system in several locations, you can obtain a permit for this type of structure under certain conditions.

Construction - notification of exemption from approval of a construction project

You do not need a building permit for certain construction projects. Instead of a building permit, only a notification is required. For this you need a permit exemption.


A conveyance is a declaration of agreement between the seller and the buyer of a property. Both must submit this declaration of agreement in the simultaneous presence of a notar...

Decomposition measurement

You want to divide / separate a parcel (property)? To do this, it is necessary to apply for a decomposition survey at the locally responsible office.

Determine real estate transfer tax

If you realize a legal transaction that relates to a domestic property, it is generally subject to real estate transfer tax.

Display of drinking water systems and domestic wells

As the operator of a water supply system or non-drinking water system, you are obliged to register it.

Entry in the land register

Registration of ownership of a plot of land or encumbrances and restrictions located on a plot of land

Expropriation of land

Expropriation is a form of state access to land or to rights to the land.

Historic preservation

If you have any questions concerning the protection of monuments or the promotion of their preservation, you should contact the competent authority.

Housing - Application for a certificate of completion

You need the certificate of completion to divide a property into condominiums.

Issue certificate of identity for parcels of land

Certificates of identity are required by land owners, holders of rights, persons affected by rights, authorities or courts when land register entries, deeds and so on refer to parcels that no longer exist.

Land consolidation

Land consolidation = combination of appropriate reorganization of land ownership with investments in infrastructure in rural areas

Land surveying implementation

Do you want to determine the course of a parcel boundary on site, check boundary markers or re-mark boundary points? For this purpose, it is necessary to apply for a boundary reconstruction, if necessary with demarcation, or a boundary notification at the responsible office.

Market value according to BauGB determination / property value determination

Do you need the value of a property for purchase negotiations, family law matters or inheritance disputes, for example? Submit an application for a market value appraisal to the relevant office of the expert committee.

Nature conservation: compensation and replacement measures

Projects that unavoidably affect nature must be balanced out by nature conservation and landscape management measures.

Official site plan for the building application

Official site plan for the building application

Register apartment

Anyone moving into an apartment must register with the registration office within two weeks of moving in.

Exercise the right of first refusal of the municipality

The municipal right of first refusal enables the municipality to acquire land for urban development purposes in order to influence its future structural and other use.

Obligation to report

The obligation to register applies to persons over the age of 16 who move into a new home. They must register within two weeks. For persons up to the age of 16, the obligation t...

Offsetting and reimbursement of deductions for construction work

Have you provided construction services for a company or a public corporation and construction withholding tax was withheld on your consideration? If so, you can apply for a refund of the tax deducted under certain conditions.

Pay development charge

The municipalities levy development charges for the initial construction of development facilities (in particular for the roads intended for construction) from the owners of the properties that are developed by the development facility.

Place of residence - registration of the sole or main residence

If you move into an apartment, you must register with the relevant registration office within two weeks.

Real Estate Market Information (formerly Real Estate Market Report)

Are you interested in data on the real estate market in Thuringia? Then use the real estate market information provided free of charge on the Internet by the expert committees for real estate values and the central office.

Real estate surveying consulting (e.g. land surveying)

Would you like to obtain information about a real estate survey? For advice, you can contact a publicly appointed surveyor (ÖbVI) licensed in Thuringia.

Regional plan preparation and amendment - information provision

In addition to participation in planning procedures for spatial planning and plan approval, citizens and public interest groups have the opportunity to inspect established plans or plan approval decisions.

Register secondary residence

If you move into an apartment that you do not use primarily, you must register it as a secondary residence with the relevant registration office within two weeks.

Registering an authorized person to correct the land register

Registering an authorized person to correct the land register

Registering heritable building rights to several properties or heritable building rights

The hereditary building right is the right, usually against payment of a so-called ground rent, to erect a building on a plot of land that belongs to someone else.

Request certificate of residence issuance

If you wish to purchase a plot of land, you can find out which municipal levies, based on federal law, are associated with this plot of land by applying to the relevant municipality for a certificate of annexation.

Revitalization of brownfield sites - apply for funding

If you want to upgrade unsightly areas in your town, reuse a brownfield site and need financial support for demolition, unsealing and the associated subsequent use, then apply for funding for the revitalization of brownfield sites.

Sale or auction of land, buildings and objects from ownership, fiscal inheritance and appropriation rights of the Free State of Thuringia

Citizens and companies can acquire state-owned land and buildings that the state no longer needs to fulfill its tasks. Furthermore, appropriation rights to ownerless land can be...

Village renewal and development - applying for funding

Do you want to upgrade your community structurally or with the help of a holistic concept? Do you want a village community center for your community? Do you want to preserve and convert historic buildings? Then apply for funding for village renewal and development.

Tax deduction for construction services Exemption

Do you provide a construction service in Germany to another entrepreneur or to a legal entity under public law and they have to pay construction withholding tax on the consideration? Then you can apply for exemption from tax liability.

Please select the desired service on the left.