Job search and unemployment

If you lose your job, you are bound to have lots of questions. Am I entitled to unemployment benefit? Where do I have to register? How am I insured? Where can I find help with looking for a job? You can find information and support relating to unemployment and job-seeking here.


Apply for a citizen's allowance

If you do not have enough money to cover your own living expenses, you can apply for citizen's allowance.

Apply for a residence permit to look for a job after completing your studies

If you have successfully completed your studies in Germany, you can apply for a residence permit for up to 18 months to find a job that matches your qualifications.

Apply for recognition of equivalence of foreign non-regulated vocational and technical school qualifications

If you can prove that you have completed professional training abroad and want to work in Thuringia, you can apply for recognition of the equivalence of professional qualifications acquired abroad.

Apply to employers for benefits for participation in working life in accordance with SGB IX

As a company, you can receive subsidies or advice on how to maintain or create jobs and training positions for people with severe disabilities or people with equivalent status.

Applying for a new social security card

You may apply for a new social security card if you have lost your card, damaged it, or if it is no longer readable.

Applying for a start-up grant

If you are unemployed and want to start your own business, you are entitled to financial support.

Applying for voluntary unemployment insurance

If you are not compulsorily insured under the unemployment insurance scheme, you may apply for insurance on a voluntary basis under certain conditions.

Mobile ICT Card Renewal Request

As a Mobiler ICT card holder, you can apply for its renewal under certain conditions

Please select the desired service on the left.