Building a house or buying property

Whether you are looking at a new-build, buying an existing property or renovating, there are lots of things to bear in mind when building or buying a property. What support is available from state assistance programmes? Find out about grants and tax incentives. Maybe you can make a dream of owning your own home come true.


Allow inspection of the real estate cadastre

Information on the local location of a parcel / piece of land and the associated surveying documents can be obtained by inspecting the real estate cadastre.

Apply for building inspection approval

Building projects that do not require approval, exemption from approval or construction supervision require the approval of the upper building supervisory authority in the...

Apply for building subsidy

If you buy or build residential real estate for your family's own use, you can apply for Baukindergeld under certain conditions.

Apply for certificate of seclusion

You need the certificate of seclusion to divide a property into condominiums.

Apply for housing subsidies for rental apartments

The Free State of Thuringia promotes rental housing for households that cannot adequately provide themselves with housing on the market and at the same time supports urban...

Apply for subsidies for owner-occupied housing

If you want to build, purchase or modernize your own home/apartment, you can take advantage of housing subsidies if you meet the requirements. The state in which you want to...

Archaeological Heritage

Soil monuments are movable or immovable objects that are evidence, remains or traces of human culture (archaeological monuments) or animal or plant life (paleontological...

Building encumbrance registration - Receipt of a building encumbrance declaration

Construction encumbrances are declarations of obligation under public law by which the respective property owners undertake to do, tolerate or refrain from doing something on...


A conveyance is a declaration of agreement between the seller and the buyer of a property. Both must submit this declaration of agreement in the simultaneous presence of a...

Decomposition measurement

You want to divide / separate a parcel (property)? To do this, it is necessary to apply for a decomposition survey at the locally responsible office.

Determine real estate transfer tax

If you realize a legal transaction that relates to a domestic property, it is generally subject to real estate transfer tax.

Energy certificate

The energy certificate is a document that evaluates a building in terms of energy. It gives you an indication of a rough estimate of the energy costs that will be incurred in...

Exercise the right of first refusal of the municipality

The municipal right of first refusal enables the municipality to acquire land for urban development purposes in order to influence its future structural and other use.

Expropriation of land

Expropriation is a form of state access to land or to rights to the land.

Historic preservation

If you have any questions concerning the protection of monuments or the promotion of their preservation, you should contact the competent authority.

Land consolidation

Land consolidation = combination of appropriate reorganization of land ownership with investments in infrastructure in rural areas

Land register

The land register is used for legal transactions involving real estate. In particular, the ownership structure and encumbrances under private law, such as rights of way,...

Market value according to BauGB determination / land value determination

Do you need to know the value of a property, e.g. for purchase negotiations, family law matters or inheritance disputes? To do so, submit an application for a market value...

Monument protection

s. Monument preservation

Nature conservation: compensation and replacement measures

Projects that unavoidably affect nature must be balanced out by nature conservation and landscape management measures.

Obligation to report

The obligation to register applies to persons over the age of 16 who move into a new home. They must register within two weeks. For persons up to the age of 16, the obligation...

Official site plan for the building application

Official site plan for the building application

Real Estate Market Information (formerly Real Estate Market Report)

Are you interested in data on the real estate market in Thuringia? Then use the real estate market information provided free of charge on the Internet by the expert committees...

Real estate surveying consulting (e.g. land surveying)

Would you like to obtain information about a real estate survey? For advice, you can contact a publicly appointed surveyor (ÖbVI) licensed in Thuringia.

Regional plan preparation and amendment - information provision

In addition to participation in planning procedures for spatial planning and plan approval, citizens and public interest groups have the opportunity to inspect established plans...

Register apartment

Anyone moving into an apartment must register with the registration office within two weeks of moving in.

Register secondary residence

If you move into an apartment that you do not use primarily, you must register it as a secondary residence with the relevant registration office within two weeks.

Request certificate of residence issuance

If you wish to purchase a plot of land, you can find out which municipal levies, based on federal law, are associated with this plot of land by applying to the relevant...

Request type test

Structural systems or parts of structural systems that are subject to testing and are erected or used in the same design at several locations must be tested by a testing office...

Residence - registration of the sole or main residence

When you move into an apartment, you must register with the relevant registration office within two weeks.

Sale or auction of land, buildings and objects from ownership, fiscal inheritance and appropriation rights of the Free State of Thuringia

Citizens and companies can acquire state-owned land and buildings that the state no longer needs to fulfill its tasks. Furthermore, appropriation rights to ownerless land can...

Standard land value map - information or extracts

If you require information on standard land values, e.g. in the run-up to a land purchase, building project or for property tax, you can view the standard land values online or...

Submitting a preliminary building application (preliminary building permit)

Before submitting a building application, you can clarify final questions by means of a so-called preliminary building application. You must apply for this to the relevant...

Please select the desired service on the left.