Further Information


Apply for eID card

If you are a citizen of the European Union or belong to the European Economic Area, you can apply for an eID card to identify yourself online.

Certificate of good conduct

If you need a certificate of good conduct, then you can submit an application and have it issued.

Certification of German documents for use abroad

Legalization is associated with a not inconsiderable expenditure of time and money. For this reason, it has been partially declared dispensable by international treaties. These...

Change first name

You can have your first name changed under certain conditions.

Change surname of a child by naming

If your spouse is not a parent of your child and you want him or her to have your married name, you can change the child's name.

Change surname of a child by single custodial parent

You can have your child's name changed to the other parent's surname.

Change surname of spouses

If you marry or are already in a marriage, you can determine a common family name.

Change surname of the child by declaration of affiliation

If your name has changed, then you can also have the name of your child over 5 years old changed by declaration of affiliation.

Change surnames of expellees, late repatriates, their spouses or descendants

As a displaced person or late repatriate or their spouse or descendants, you have various options for changing your name(s).

Change surnames of registered civil partners

If you live in a registered civil partnership, you can determine a common name (civil partnership name).

Establishment of conditional blocking notice in the population register

Since November 1, 2015, it has been possible to enter a conditional blocking notice. This blocking notice can be entered for persons, who are in a correctional facility, a...

First names change order

If you have more than one first name, you can have their order changed by making a declaration.

Housing provider confirmation

If you have moved, then you need a housing provider confirmation for the registration of the new residence.

Information from the population register: requesting a self-disclosure from the population register

The information includes: the data stored about you in the civil register, the recipients of regular data transfers, as well as the purposes and legal basis of the storage...

Issue registration confirmation

If you register your residence at the municipal administration, then you will receive a registration confirmation.

Obtain information from the civil register

If you are looking for a person, then you can apply for the issuance of a registration register information at the competent registration office of the place of residence of the...

Public law change of the family name

If a change of the family name is not possible according to the civil-legal requirements, the change of the family name can be applied for at the responsible administrative...

Redetermine surname of the child

If you do not share joint custody of a child until after the birth, you can redetermine the child's family name.

Resume family name after dissolution of marriage or civil partnership

If your marriage or civil partnership is dissolved, you can change your family name.

Please select the desired service on the left.