After the birth

What paperwork do you have to do after the birth of a child? For example, publishing the birth announcement and applying for a birth certificate. What support is available and what do you have to do?


Apply for child benefit

If you have a child, you can apply for child benefit.

Apply for parental allowance

If you take care of your child after birth, the parental allowance compensates for missing income.


If you would like to make use of the assistance of the youth welfare office, you must apply for this. You can find out more about this here.

Birth certificate issuance / birth register

If you have given birth to a child, its birth must be reported to the relevant registry office. This is usually done with the help of the facility where the child is born or the...

Birth: Anonymous

For a pregnant woman who finds herself in an emergency or conflict situation that appears to her to be hopeless, the situation may be so acute that she sees the secret delivery,...

Calculate parental allowance

Here you will find information on how parental allowance is calculated.

Certify acknowledgement of paternity

If you wish to make a declaration acknowledging paternity of a child and a declaration of consent by the mother, this can be publicly certified by registrars in any registry...

Certify declaration of custody

If the parents are not married to each other at the time of the child's birth, they are entitled to joint parental custody if they make a declaration of custody.

Confidential birth

If you are in a psychosocial emergency as a pregnant woman or mother of a newborn, want to remain anonymous and do not know whether you should decide in favor of the child and...

Honorary sponsorship by the Prime Minister

After the birth of multiples (from triplets) or from the 6th child, you can apply for the honorary sponsorship of the Thuringian Prime Minister.

Printout from the birth register

You do not have your birth certificate, but you need it, for example, for a marriage or for another official act? Then you can request a printout from the birth register.

Receive parental benefit advice

If you need advice on parental allowance, you can contact the regional parental allowance office.

Social assistance services as health counseling for families with infants

If you receive social welfare or basic income support and have just had a baby, the social welfare office will cover the cost of counseling sessions.

Please select the desired service on the left.