Apply for a license for financial service providers

Service Description

The Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) may grant the license subject to conditions. The license can also be limited to individual financial services and entails ongoing supervision of the financial service provider by the authority.

You require a license for the following financial services

  • investment brokerage,
  • investment advice,
  • the operation of a multilateral trading system,
  • the placement business,
  • the operation of an organized trading system,
  • the brokerage of transactions,
  • financial portfolio management
  • proprietary trading,
  • the brokerage of deposits in third countries,
  • the crypto custody business,
  • the foreign exchange business,
  • factoring,
  • finance leasing,
  • investment management and
  • restricted custody business.

You also need written permission from BaFin if you

  • wish to engage in proprietary trading, i.e. purchase or sell financial instruments for your own account, in addition to banking transactions or financial services.

Note: All securities trading companies are obliged to secure their liabilities from securities transactions by belonging to the Compensation Scheme for Securities Trading Companies (EdW). The amount of the contribution depends on the scope of the business activity.

For other financial services, a license may be required in accordance with the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act. Please check which license is required for your business before submitting an application.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.