Apply for a housing entitlement certificate

Service Description

If you would like to move into a social housing apartment, you first need a Wohnberechtigungsschein.

This entitles you to move into a social housing apartment, but the Wohnberechtigungsschein does not assign you an apartment.

A social housing apartment is an apartment that has been subsidized with state funds (in the case of new construction or its modernization).

To obtain a Wohnberechtigungsschein, you must submit an application. During the subsequent application processing, your information will be checked. If you meet the requirements, you will receive a certificate of entitlement to housing. You can read about the requirements in Section 19 of the Thuringian Housing Promotion Act.

The Wohnberechtigungsschein is issued for one year. If you are not able to rent a social housing within this one year, you have to apply again for a Wohnberechtigungsschein.

Only the Wohnberechtigungsscheine issued in Thuringia are valid for occupancy of a social housing apartment in Thuringia.

If you have received a Wohnberechtigungsschein, please present it to the respective landlord at the latest when concluding the rental contract.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.