Residence permit for employment as a specialist with academic education - apply for extension

Service Description

The residence permit for qualified employment for professionals with academic training is a temporary residence title. You can apply for an extension of the if your employment is to be continued beyond the period of validity of your residence permit.

The same requirements apply to the extension as to the granting. In particular, you should be able to present a concrete job offer or an employment contract and be engaged in employment that is professionally related to your qualification.

If you were required to attend an integration course when your residence permit was first issued, this will be taken into account when your residence permit is extended. If you have not yet taken part in an integration course, the Foreigners' Registration Office may reject your application for an extension of your residence permit. If you have not yet completed the integration course, your residence permit will generally only be extended for one year at a time until you successfully complete the course or provide proof that you have been integrated into social life in some other way.

In the case of an extension, your residence permit will be limited again. The residence permit for qualified employment for skilled workers with vocational training is extended for the duration of the employment contract.

As a rule, the residence permit cannot be extended if this was already ruled out when the residence permit was issued or last extended.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.