Withdrawal/return of a disposition of death from special official custody

Service Description

If you have placed a testamentary disposition (e.g. a will or a contract of inheritance) in special official custody with the court or if it was deposited there by the notary at your instigation, you can have it returned to you from the special official custody. The request can be made at any time. If you have made the disposition of property upon death jointly with your spouse or civil partner, it can only be returned to both of you upon mutual request. If you have concluded an inheritance contract, all contracting parties must request its return. In certain constellations, withdrawal from official custody also means revocation of the deposited disposition of property upon death, e.g. in the case of notarized wills. Therefore, in these constellations, the testator must be capable of making a will when the request for return is made. The request can also be made by a deputy. However, the restitution can only be made to the testator himself.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.