Applying for a residence permit in the case of a deportation ban

Service Description

If the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees has determined in your case that there are obstacles to deportation related to the destination state, because the return to the destination state represents a violation of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (ECHR), or there is a considerable concrete danger to life, limb or freedom, the issuance of a residence permit can be considered for you if the requirements are met.

However, the residence permit will not be issued if it is possible and reasonable for you to leave the country, or if you have repeatedly or grossly violated your obligation to cooperate, or if there are grounds for refusal. Reasons for refusal can be, for example, if you have committed a crime against humanity, war crimes, crimes against peace, crimes of considerable importance or if you represent a danger to the general public or if you represent a danger to the general public or the security of the Federal Republic of Germany.

The residence permit is issued for at least one year. The extension is possible.

The residence permit entitles you to pursue gainful employment

You are subject to a residence requirement for three years for the federal state to which you have been assigned to carry out the asylum procedure. The residence requirement does not apply or can be lifted if you, your spouse, registered partner or a minor child take up or have taken up employment subject to social insurance with at least 15 hours per week and a minimum income that is above the average monthly requirement according to SGB (currently 723 euros), or vocational training or studies. The commencement of employment must also be sustainable. This is assumed if your employment relationship is expected to last more than three months.

You are entitled to social benefits. You can receive child allowance, parental allowance and educational grants if certain conditions are met.

Family reunification for your spouse and minor child is only possible for reasons of international law or humanitarian reasons or to protect the political interests of the Federal Republic of Germany. The family members must themselves meet the requirements for admission from abroad for reasons of international law or humanitarian reasons.

You are not entitled to participate in the integration course, admission to the integration course can only take place within the framework of available course places.

A settlement permit can be issued to you on application if you have held the residence permit for five years, can secure the livelihood of yourself and your family (community of need) from your own income without claiming public benefits, have paid contributions to the statutory pension insurance scheme or another pension scheme with comparable benefits for at least 30 months,

your stay does not endanger or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany,

are allowed to pursue gainful employment and possess all permits required for this purpose,

have sufficient knowledge of the German language (level B1)

have basic knowledge of the legal and social order and living conditions in the Federal Republic of Germany, and

have sufficient living space for you and your family.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.