Apply for building subsidy

Service Description

The Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Home Affairs (BMI) promotes owner-occupied residential property for families with children and single parents.

They can receive EUR 12,000 in construction child allowance for each child under the age of 18 for:

  • the new construction or purchase of owner-occupied houses or condominiums.

You do not receive a building child allowance:

  • if
    • all your children are 18 years and older or
    • your children no longer live in your household and
    • you are no longer entitled to child benefit.
  • if you have already received construction child benefit for another residential property,
  • if you already own a residential property,
  • for holiday/weekend homes and vacation apartments,
  • if residential property is transferred to you, for example through
    • (anticipated) inheritance,
    • testamentary disposition or
    • gift.
  • In the case of purchase or transfer of property between
    • spouses,
    • life partners or
    • partners in another permanent partnership.
  • In the case of purchase or transfer of property between relatives of a household member in a direct line, for example.
    • Children,
    • parents,
    • grandparents or
    • great-grandparents.
  • if you buy your home from a household member.

You can only get Baukindergeld if you do not exceed certain income limits:

  • in the case of families or single parents with one child: your taxable household income must not exceed EUR 90,000 per year
  • for families or single parents with several children: The limit is increased by EUR 15,000 in each case. Example: with two children, your taxable household income may amount to a maximum of EUR 105,000 per year (EUR 90,000 + EUR 15,000).

The Baukindergeld is paid as a subsidy:

  • For each eligible child under the age of 18: EUR 1,200 per year and
  • for 10 years.

For each additional eligible child, you will receive an additional EUR 12,000 in each of 10 years.

If you move out of your subsidized residential property

  • move out,
  • rent it out or
  • sell it,

you no longer meet the eligibility requirements. You must inform KfW Bankengruppe immediately in writing. You will then no longer receive the Baukindergeld.

You can apply for the Baukindergeld in the subsidy portal of KfW Bankengruppe.

An application is only possible within the scope of available federal funds. There is no legal entitlement to a subsidy.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.