Granting of a license as a commercial real estate loan broker

Service Description

You would like to broker the conclusion of real estate consumer loan agreements or corresponding paid financing assistance or advise third parties on such agreements. For this activity as a real estate loan broker, you require a corresponding trade license.

You have a legal right to be granted the license you have applied for, provided there are no personal reasons for refusal. To this end, you must be personally reliable, have orderly financial circumstances and provide evidence of your expertise and the conclusion of appropriate professional liability insurance.

You must also have your principal place of business or head office in Germany and wish to carry out your commercial activity in Germany.

If you employ persons who are involved in brokerage or consulting or are responsible for these activities in a managerial position, they must also have a certificate of competence and be reliable.

After commencing your activity, you must have yourself and the persons directly involved in brokering or advising or who are responsible for this activity in a managerial position entered in the register of intermediaries.

The content of the license may be restricted and subject to ancillary provisions if this is necessary to protect the general public or borrowers or if you apply for it.

Permission to act as a real estate loan broker may be granted to natural and legal persons. The license is personal, i.e. you cannot transfer a license in your name to another person, nor can another person transfer a license in their name to you.

Credit institutions for which a license has been granted in accordance with Section 32 (1) of the German Banking Act and branches of companies within the meaning of Section 53b (1) sentence 1 of the German Banking Act do not require a license. Under certain conditions (including a notification procedure), real estate loan brokers who have been granted a license for real estate loan brokerage by the competent authority of another EU member state or EEA member state also do not require a license.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.