Compensation under the Infection Protection Act Granting of compensation for loss of earnings for persons with custody rights

Service Description

Employed custodians are entitled to compensation for their loss of earnings if schools or daycare centers are closed due to infection and they ensure the care of their child or children themselves. Children must not have reached the age of 12. This age limit does not apply to disabled children. The entitlement also applies to foster children.

The compensation depends on your earnings.

Compensation is granted for a maximum period of 6 weeks. It amounts to 67% of your net earnings, up to a maximum of 2,016 euros for a full month.

If the facility would close anyway due to vacations, this regulation does not apply.

If you have concluded a childcare contract with an after-school care facility, you are also entitled to compensation during the school vacations.

Before you receive this compensation, you must exhaust all other reasonable childcare options. These are, for example, childcare by family members or friends, working from home, reducing time credits or vacation.

Care by so-called "risk groups" should be avoided. These include, in particular, older people or people with pre-existing conditions.

There is no entitlement to compensation for short-time working.

The following applies to employees:

Your employer will pay you compensation for the duration of the closure period, for a maximum of 6 weeks. The employer will be reimbursed for the amounts paid out by the competent authority.

You should therefore inform your employer immediately about your childcare situation so that they can apply for compensation. If your employer (especially smaller companies) is unable to make advance payments, you can apply for an advance payment equal to the expected amount of the reimbursement.

In exceptional cases, you can submit the application for compensation yourself.

The following applies to employers:

You must pay compensation to your employees for the duration of the closure period, for a maximum of 6 weeks (advance payment). You can have the amounts paid reimbursed by the competent authority.

Contributions to pension, long-term care and health insurance can also be reimbursed.

You can also apply for an advance payment.

The following applies to self-employed persons:

You will receive reimbursement directly from the competent authority.

Your last annual profit is taken into account when calculating the loss of earnings. This is divided by 12.

You can also apply for reimbursement of pension, long-term care and health insurance contributions.

You can also apply for an advance payment.

The following applies to home workers:

Unlike the self-employed, your average monthly income is taken into account for the calculation.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.