Declaration of consent for minors traveling without guardians

Service Description

If a child is traveling abroad unaccompanied by his or her parents or one of the parents, he or she should be given, in addition to the required
the required identification documents, an informal consent form should be given to the child. This
must state that the legal guardian(s) agrees to the trip abroad.

The consent form should include the following information:

  • Personal details of the child,
  • Personal details and contact details of the legal guardian(s),
  • itinerary and
  • if applicable, the personal details of the accompanying adult(s).

In the case of a name discrepancy, the child should also provide a copy of

  • of his/her birth certificate and
  • of the identity card of the legal guardian(s).

should be carried with them.

Depending on the destination country,

  • signatures on the consent form must be notarized,
  • the consent form must be translated into the language of the destination country,
  • a translated court custody order is required.

You can have the translations done at a translation agency of your choice.

Note: Some countries do not allow children traveling with only one custodial parent to enter the country without a letter of consent from the other custodial parent.

You can also find specific information about individual countries in the travel and safety information of the German Foreign Office.
Office. For further information on the respective regulations of the destination country, you can also contact the
responsible diplomatic mission in the Federal Republic of Germany.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.