Documents Replacement lost divorce certificate

Service Description

If you have lost your divorce decree or divorce order (divorce certificate), you can apply for a new certified copy or duplicate at the local or family court where your divorce proceedings were conducted at the time. Only this court has custody of the so-called original, i.e. the original of your divorce certificate.

You should credibly assure the court that you have lost the divorce certificate.

It can be very helpful for the court if you can provide the file number of your divorce proceedings at the time. You may be able to find a letter from the court or your lawyer on which the file number is printed.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.