Apply for permission for financial service provider

Service Description

The Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) may grant permission subject to conditions. In addition, the permit can be limited to individual financial services and entails ongoing supervision of the financial services provider by the authority.

Permission is required for the following financial services:

  • the investment brokerage,
  • the provision of investment advice,
  • the operation of a multilateral trading facility,
  • the placement business,
  • the operation of an organized trading system
  • contract brokering,
  • financial portfolio management
  • proprietary trading,
  • the intermediation of deposits in third countries,
  • the crypto custody business,
  • the foreign notes and coins business
  • factoring
  • finance leasing,
  • investment management and
  • restricted custody business.

You also need written permission from BaFin if you want to

  • want to conduct proprietary business in addition to banking business or financial services, i.e. want to buy or sell financial instruments for your own account.

Note: All securities trading companies are obliged to secure their liabilities from securities transactions by belonging to the Compensatory Fund of Securities Trading Companies (EdW). The amount of the contribution depends on the scope of the business activity.

For other financial services, a permit may be required in accordance with the Trade Regulation Act (Gewerbeordnung). Please check which permit is required for your trade before submitting your application.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.