Permission to use the professional title Veterinary Medical Technical Assistant in case of professional qualification from EU/EEA/Switzerland Issuance

Service Description

The profession of veterinary medical technical assistant is regulated in Germany. This means that in order to be able to work as a veterinary medical technical assistant in Germany, you need a state permit. With the permit, you may use the professional title "Veterinary Medical Technical Assistant" or "Veterinary Medical Technical Assistant" and work in the profession.

Even with a professional qualification from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can obtain the state permit from the competent body in Germany.

To obtain the permit, you must have your foreign professional qualification recognized.

In the recognition procedure, the competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification and checks the equivalence. The equivalence of the professional qualification is an important prerequisite for the granting of the state permit.

In addition to the equivalence of the professional qualification, you must fulfill other requirements for the issuance of the permit. Further requirements are, for example, sufficient German language skills and health suitability.

If your professional qualification does not originate from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, other regulations apply.

You can also submit the application for the procedure from abroad.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.