Permission to use the professional title "Pflegefachfrau" or "Pflegefachmann" in case of professional qualification from EU/EEA/Switzerland Issuance

Service Description

The profession of nursing specialist is regulated in Germany. This means that in order to be able to work as a nurse in Germany, you need a state permit. With the permit, you may use the professional title "Pflegefachfrau" or "Pflegefachmann" and work in the profession.

Even with a professional qualification from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can obtain the state permit from the competent body in Germany. To obtain the permit, you must have your foreign professional qualification recognized. In the recognition procedure, the competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification and checks the equivalence. The equivalence of the professional qualification is an important prerequisite for the granting of the state permit.

A professional qualification from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland is usually automatically recognized when you apply for recognition. This means that there is no examination of equivalence. It is assumed that the training is equivalent. However, there may be exceptions to this rule. This depends on the state in which you completed your training and when. If you started your professional training after the EU/EEA accession of your country of training, your professional qualification is usually automatically recognized.
If your professional qualification is not from the EU, EEA or Switzerland, other regulations apply.

In addition to the equivalence of the professional qualification, you must fulfill other requirements for the issuance of the permit. Further requirements are, for example, sufficient German language skills and health suitability.
You can also submit the application for the procedure from abroad.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.