University access - foreigners

Service Description

German nationals and foreigners with foreign educational certificates who reside in Thuringia may apply for university studies only after their previous education has been recognized as equivalent by the Thuringian Ministry of Education, Science and Culture.

For the integration of entitled persons according to the Federal Expellees Act (BVFG) who want to take up university studies, the Ministry examines the evaluation and recognition of the previously acquired educational certificates of the respective home country.

Equivalence is determined on the basis of the assessment proposals of the Central Office for Foreign Education.

Application documents and further information can be found at this link.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found