Make identity card messages

Service Description

The data in the ID card must always be up to date, otherwise it becomes invalid. In addition, as a German citizen, you are required to have an identity card from the age of 16.
You are therefore obliged to notify the Bürgeramt of the following:

  • Name changes
  • if you have lost your identity card
  • if your identity card has been stolen
  • if you have recovered your identity card after reporting it as lost
  • Note: You can also report the loss and theft of your identity card to the police.

There are 2 exceptions:

  • If your address or height changes, your ID card remains valid.
  • If you do not comply with the obligation to report a new address within Germany, you are acting irregularly.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

Competent Authority

Stadtverwaltung Bürgel

Am Markt 1
07616 Bürgel
036692 491-0
036692 22253