Applying for an extension of the residence permit in case of a deportation ban

Service Description

Your residence permit was issued for at least one year. It can be extended if the ban on deportation and the other conditions for issuance are met.

You must urgently ensure that you submit an application for the extension or issuance of another residence title (for example, a settlement permit) before your residence title expires.

If the application is filed in time, i.e. before the expiration of the time limit, the further stay until the decision of the Aliens Department with all subsequent effects (e.g. the right to pursue gainful employment) is considered permitted. A late application (after the end of the time limit stated in the residence title) can result in considerable legal disadvantages.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found