Notify housing allowance change

Service Description

You must notify the responsible housing allowance office of any changes in your current housing allowance. This applies to the following cases:

  • if your rent/burden (excluding heating costs) decreases by more than 15 percent,
  • if the income of the household members increases by more than 15 percent,
  • if the number of household members decreases
  • if one or more household members apply for or receive transfer payments (ALG II, Sozialgeld, Grundsicherung),
  • in the event of the death of a single household member (notification by the heirs or guardians).

The changes may lead to a reduction or, if necessary, to the complete elimination of the housing allowance.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found