Test engineers for stability - apply for recognition

Service Description

A test engineer for stability is a person who is recognized as such by the supreme building supervisory authority. Other persons may not use this designation.

In order to be recognized as a test engineer for structural stability, the applicant must undergo a comprehensive examination of his or her knowledge and skills. In order to be admitted to this examination in the first place, you must have

  1. have completed a course of study in civil engineering at a German university or an equivalent course of study at a foreign university,
  2. have been working for at least two years as an engineer involved in structural design on your own responsibility and independently or as a full-time university lecturer,
  3. have been entrusted with the preparation of stability certificates, technical site management or comparable activities for at least ten years, of which you must have prepared stability certificates for at least five years and been entrusted with technical site management for at least one year; however, the period of technical site management may only be credited up to a maximum of three years,
  4. have demonstrated above-average abilities through their performance as engineers.

The recognition of a test engineer for structural stability is granted for one or more of the following specializations

  • Solid construction,
  • metal construction and
  • timber construction.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

Start your request directly online:

Competent Authority

Thüringer Ministerium für Infrastruktur und Landwirtschaft - Referat 21 - Baurecht

Werner-Seelenbinder-Straße 8
99096 Erfurt
+49 361 5741110000
Remark: Central number for the Thuringian Ministry of Infrastructure and Agriculture
Opening times

A telephone meeting or contact by e-mail is recommended.

In regular working hours the contact is possible from 9.00 to 16.00.

Building access