Notification of the start of the trial with unauthorized plant protection products in the open field

Service Description

There is a permit requirement for the import, placing on the market and use of plant protection products for research and development purposes. This approval can be granted by the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL) upon application. If tests are carried out by the manufacturer himself, he is exempt from the approval requirement. In this case, however, a notification of the trials to the above-mentioned federal authority is required.

In addition, the start of the trial with non-approved plant protection products or approved products in non-approved areas of application must be reported to the relevant state authorities. In the case of trial areas in Thuringia, the notification must be made to the Thuringian State Office for Agriculture and Rural Areas.