Information on replacing a lost divorce certificate

Service Description

If you have lost your divorce decree or your divorce decree (divorce certificate), you can apply for a new certified copy or copy at the local court or family court where your divorce proceedings were conducted at the time. Only this court keeps the so-called original, i.e. the original of your divorce certificate.

You should assure the court that you have lost the divorce certificate.

It can be very helpful for the court if you can provide the file number of your divorce proceedings at the time. You may still be able to find a letter from the court or your lawyer on which the file number is printed.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

Competent Authority

Amtsgericht Stadtroda

Postal address
Post office box 150
07641 Stadtroda

Schloßstr. 2
07646 Stadtroda
036428 46-0
036428 466-39