Have the equivalence of certificates of ethnic German repatriates recognized according to BVFG

Service Description

If you have acquired a vocational qualification at skilled worker level in the countries of the former Soviet Union, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, the former Czechoslovakia or Hungary and have a certificate of late repatriation or a displaced persons' identity card, you can apply for recognition of your training qualification in accordance with the Federal Expellees Act (BVFG). The vocational qualification will be recognized if it is equivalent to a profession in the Federal Republic of Germany. Equivalence is checked and granted on a case-by-case basis. However, a German examination certificate will not be issued.

In the case of qualifications that could be comparable to a vocational training qualification in industry, commerce or the service sector (not skilled trades)
the Chamber of Industry and Commerce in whose district you live is responsible.

If you do not have ethnic German repatriate status, you can still have your foreign vocational qualification recognized by applying for recognition in accordance with the Professional Qualifications Assessment Act (BQFG).

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found