Applying for an extension of a residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment for freelancers

Service Description

You can extend your temporary residence permit for freelancers if you want to continue practicing your freelance activity in Germany.

For the extension of the residence permit, you must fulfill the same requirements as for the initial issuance of the residence permit.

Freelance activities include scientific, artistic, literary, teaching, educational or other self-employed professional activities as defined in Section 18 (1) of the Income Tax Act (e.g. self-employed doctors, notaries, tax consultants).

If required, you must currently submit a professional license again.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found