Request a certificate of authorization to examine

Service Description

If you are under 18 and want to start working (training or employment), you must first have a medical examination (initial examination). Employers are not allowed to employ young people without this examination. The examination determines whether you are physically and developmentally suitable for this occupation. This is to prevent you from suffering health damage as a result of the work.

The examination costs are paid by the state. You must apply for the initial examination in order to be reimbursed for the examination costs.

The following are required

  • a certificate of authorization for the examination. This serves as a settlement document and must be handed in to the examining physician.
  • a questionnaire. This must be completed in full and submitted to the examining doctor.

You do not need an examination if you start a marginal employment or if you work only for a short time (maximum 2 months). This applies, for example, to a vacation job or a student internship.

After the examination, you will receive a certificate. You must present this to your employer.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.