Apply for permission to provide financial services

Service Description

The Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) may grant the licence subject to conditions. In addition, the permit can be limited to individual financial services and entails ongoing supervision of the financial services provider by the authority.

You need a permit for the following financial services:

  • investment brokerage,
  • investment advice,
  • the operation of a multilateral trading facility,
  • placement business,
  • the operation of an organised trading facility,
  • contract broking,
  • financial portfolio management
  • proprietary trading,
  • the intermediation of deposits in third countries,
  • crypto custody,
  • foreign exchange business,
  • factoring,
  • financial leasing,
  • investment management and
  • restricted custody business.

You also need the written permission of the BaFin if you

  • want to conduct proprietary business in addition to banking business or financial services, i.e. want to buy or sell financial instruments for your own account.

Note: All securities trading companies are obliged to secure their liabilities from securities transactions by belonging to the Compensatory Fund of Securities Trading Companies (EdW). The amount of the contribution depends on the scope of the business activity.

For other financial services, a licence may be required in accordance with the Trade Regulation Act. Please check which permit is required for your trade before submitting an application.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.