Road freight transport Apply for a permit for commercial transport

Service Description

Road haulage is the transport of goods by motor vehicles with a permissible total weight of more than 3.5 tons, including trailers, for business purposes or in return for payment.

Commercial road haulage is generally subject to licensing. Not subject to licensing is so-called own-account transport, i.e. road haulage for a company's own purposes under certain conditions. However, your company must be registered with the Federal Office for Goods Transport.

If the vehicles are only used throughout Germany, you need a permit for commercial road haulage (in accordance with § 3 of the Road Haulage Act). For cross-border journeys within the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA)* and Switzerland, you need a Community license (EU license) and, if applicable, a driver certificate for nationals of a third country. Freight transport in international traffic with vehicles of more than 2.5 t to 3.5 t permissible total weight also require proof of professional access.

You can also use the Community license for transports within Germany and the EEA states ("cabotage transports").

For commercial road haulage with countries outside the European Economic Area, in addition to the national permit for the German part of the route (permit for commercial road haulage or Community license), you need bilateral permits or so-called CEMT permits for parts of the route in the third countries.

The permit for commercial road haulage and the Community license can be issued for a limited period, subject to conditions or with requirements. The national permit and the Community license can be issued for a validity period of up to 10 years.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.