Apply for motor vehicle registration for used cars from non-EU country

Service Description

When you buy a used vehicle abroad (non-EU country) or move to Germany with a vehicle registered to you abroad, you must apply for registration of this vehicle.
The registration of a vehicle that was previously registered abroad is more complicated than a new registration or transfer, as more documents are required.

Exceptions or special regulations apply, for example, to work machines, forklifts, vehicles for agricultural and forestry purposes, light and mopeds, ambulances, four-wheeled light vehicles and special trailers.

Registration is effected by issuing the registration certificate (Part I and Part II) and sealing the registration number(s).

The registration authority is entitled to order the presentation of the vehicle.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.