Apply for a certificate of eligibility for housing

Service Description

If you would like to move into social housing, you first need a certificate of eligibility.

This entitles you to move into social housing, but the certificate of eligibility does not allocate you an apartment.

A social apartment is an apartment that has been subsidized with state funds (in the case of new construction or modernization).

In order to obtain a certificate of eligibility, you must submit an application. Your details will be checked during the subsequent application processing. If you meet the requirements, you will receive a certificate of eligibility. You can read about the requirements in § 19 of the Thuringian Housing Assistance Act.

The housing entitlement certificate is issued for one year. If you are unable to rent social housing within this one year, you must apply for a new certificate of eligibility.

Only housing entitlement certificates issued in Thuringia are valid for occupancy of social housing in Thuringia.

If you have received a certificate of eligibility, please present it to the landlord at the latest when signing the rental agreement.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.