Apply for a permit change for the withdrawal and discharge of water from surface waters

Service Description

If you wish to withdraw or discharge water from surface waters, you require a permit under water law.

If a project for which a permit under water law has been granted is to be changed, an application must be made to the competent authority for a change of permit.
Surface waters are rivers, lakes, canals, streams, ditches and ponds.

In your application, you must provide the following information, among other things:

  • the existing permit
  • Purpose of the abstraction or discharge
  • Duration, type and quantity of the extraction

To enable the authorities to assess your project and its impact, you must submit several documents with your application, for example an explanatory report, site plans and sketches of the pumping system and transport systems. Depending on the type of project, the documents can be very different and extensive. If in doubt, you should clarify in advance with the authority which documents are required in your case.

The permit specifies the type and extent of use. It may be linked to conditions and ancillary provisions. In contrast to an authorization, a permit can be revoked by the authorities.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.