Apply for exemption from the obligation to obtain a license as an insurance intermediary

Service Description

As a self-employed insurance intermediary, you generally need a license. However, as a so-called ancillary insurance intermediary, you can be exempted from the licensing requirement.

You are an ancillary insurance intermediary if you broker supplementary insurance policies in addition to your main activity. This means that the risk for which you broker insurance must arise directly from the goods or services you sell.

Examples of supplementary insurance brokerage:

  • Arranging motor vehicle insurance in connection with the purchase of a car.
  • Arranging life insurance as security for the conclusion of a loan agreement.
  • Arranging transport insurance in connection with delivery services.

The exemption from the licensing requirement (license exemption) can be granted to a natural person and a legal entity.
Partnerships such as the civil law partnership (GbR), the general partnership (OHG) or the limited partnership (KG) cannot be granted the exemption from the licensing requirement (license exemption). Here, each
managing partner must apply for a separate exemption from the license requirement.

In addition to obtaining the exemption from the licensing requirement, you must be entered in the register of intermediaries immediately after commencing your activity.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.