Apply for permission to work as an insurance advisor in a simplified procedure

Service Description

You are an insurance advisor if you advise customers on insurance on a professional basis without receiving a commission from an insurance company or being dependent on it in any other way. As an insurance advisor, you may not accept any benefits from insurance companies in connection with your work.

In the event of an insurance claim, you may also advise or represent persons out of court in the assertion of claims arising from insurance contracts.

The license can be granted to a natural person or a legal entity. Partnerships, such as a civil law partnership (GbR), a general partnership (OHG) or a limited partnership (KG) cannot be granted a license. In these cases, each managing partner must apply for their own permit.

In addition to obtaining a license, you must be entered in the register of intermediaries immediately after commencing your activities.

Your license may be restricted in terms of content and subject to ancillary provisions if this is necessary to protect the general public or policyholders.

If you have a license or a trade as an insurance advisor from another EU/EEA member state and only wish to work temporarily in Germany under the freedom to provide services or as part of the establishment of a branch office, you do not require a license in Germany. However, you must notify the authorities in your home country of your intended activity.

You cannot work as an insurance intermediary at the same time.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.