Apply for permission to sell goods at trade fairs, festivals and on special occasions

Service Description

If you wish to offer goods for immediate sale at a trade fair or exhibition, a public festival (e.g. community festival, marksmen's festival, inauguration celebrations, etc.) or as part of another special event, you require a permit from the competent authority, but not a traveling trade card.

You must apply for the permit from the competent authority.

If you are already in possession of a traveling trade license that entitles you to offer certain or all goods for sale, this is sufficient. In this case, you no longer require an additional permit to sell at the aforementioned events.

Once you have applied for a permit, the competent authority will decide whether to approve your application to sell the goods. The competent authority issues the permit for a specific location and for a specific event, i.e. for a limited period of time.

The permit is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and approvals that may have to be obtained from other authorities (e.g. permits under road or traffic law - special use permit).

If the following goods are to be offered for sale at the above-mentioned events, no permit is required (as a permit or exemption already exists on another basis):

  • You sell home-grown products from agriculture and forestry, vegetable growing, fruit growing and horticulture, poultry farming and beekeeping, hunting and fishing.
  • You sell goods in the municipality in which you are registered with your place of residence or in which you have registered your commercial establishment. However, this exemption only applies if the municipality has no more than 10,000 inhabitants.
  • You sell milk and possibly also dairy products (e.g. yoghurt, kefir, butter, cheese, etc.) and still have a permit under the Milk and Margarine Act.
  • They sell food or other everyday goods from a sales trolley or stall ("mobile store") and do so outside of fixed markets (e.g. weekly markets) at regular, shorter intervals and always in the same place.
  • They sell printed works on public paths, streets, squares or in other public places. According to the Press Act, the term printed works includes writings, recorded sound carriers (e.g. cassettes and other data carriers), pictorial representations with and without writing, image carriers (video cassettes and other data carriers) and music (printed products with sheet music) with text and explanatory notes. However, you require a permit to sell such products at your front door.

The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the itinerant trade.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.