Apply for residence permit extension for job search after research activity

Service Description

As a researcher, you have a legal right to be granted a residence permit for the purpose of seeking employment. The residence permit will be issued to you for a maximum of 9 months directly following your research activity. If this maximum period was not utilized when the permit was first issued, the residence permit can be extended accordingly. The aim of the search can also be a self-employed activity. However, if you do not find a job during these 9 months, an extension is excluded and you are obliged to leave the Federal territory. This residence permit allows unrestricted gainful employment.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.