Residence permit for job search after studies Apply for extension

Service Description

As a graduate of a German university, you have a legal right to be granted a residence permit for the purpose of seeking employment. The residence permit will be issued for a maximum of 18 months directly following your studies. If this maximum period was not utilized when the permit was first issued, the residence permit can be extended accordingly. However, if you do not find a job during these 18 months, an extension is excluded and you are obliged to leave the Federal territory.
This residence permit allows unrestricted gainful employment.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.