Apply for a residence permit to look for a job after completing your studies

Service Description

As a foreign graduate of a German university, you can apply for a residence permit to look for a job following your studies.

The employment you are seeking must be one for which you are qualified on the basis of your qualifications. The desired gainful employment can also be self-employment.

This residence permit can be issued for up to 18 months. The residence permit only serves the one-time purpose of seeking employment and cannot be extended beyond this maximum period.

During the job search, any gainful employment is permitted and does not require a permit.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.