Apply for European Firearms Pass

Service Description

If you are entitled to possess weapons or ammunition in categories A 1.2 to C and wish to take them with you into member states of the European Union or into states party to the Schengen Convention, you need a European Firearms Pass.

"Carry" means to have the firearm or ammunition with you temporarily on a trip without relinquishing possession for use across the border.

You can have more than one firearm (up to ten) on the European Firearms Pass. Whether you need further documents or permits in addition to the European Firearms Pass depends on the weapons legislation of the country to which you intend to take the weapons or ammunition.

Therefore, in addition to the European Firearms Pass, you will need the following for your journey

  • your German weapons possession cards, in which your weapons are registered
  • proof of the reason for your journey
  • identity card or passport
  • documents required according to the regulations of the country you are visiting.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.