Apply for residence permit for mobile researchers

Service Description

You can obtain a residence permit for the purpose of research if you hold a residence title of another EU member state for the purpose of research that is valid for the duration of the procedure.

The residence permit for the purpose of research for mobile researchers is a temporary residence title. It is issued for the duration of the research project, but for a maximum of one year.

The residence permit entitles the holder to take up research activities at the research institution designated in the hosting agreement and to take up teaching activities. Changes in the research project during the stay do not lead to the discontinuation of this entitlement.

If the application for the residence permit is submitted at least 30 days before the start of the stay in the Federal territory and the residence title of the other Member State is still valid, the stay and employment in the Federal territory are considered permitted from the date of entry for up to 180 days within a period of 360 days before a decision is made on your application.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.