Apply for a residence permit for freelancers

Service Description

You can obtain a residence permit for the pursuit of a freelance activity if you wish to pursue such an activity in Germany. Freelance activities include scientific, artistic, writing, teaching, educational or other self-employed professional activities as defined in Section 18 (1) of the Income Tax Act (e.g. self-employed doctors, notaries, tax consultants).
If required, you must submit a professional license. The professional permit is a state professional license with which persons are allowed to work in a certain profession in Germany (e.g. medical professions, legal profession). If you do not yet have a professional permit, it is sufficient if you prove that it has been promised to be granted.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.