Apply for residence permit extension for joining spouse to foreigners

Service Description

The residence permit for spousal reunification with foreigners is a temporary residence title. You can apply for the extension of the residence permit if you wish to stay in Germany and your spouse or life partner in Germany is in possession of a valid residence title.

In principle, the same conditions apply to the extension of the residence permit as to its issue.

In the case of an extension, your residence permit will be limited again. The residence permit is extended for the period of validity of the residence title of the spouse or life partner.

As a rule, the residence permit cannot be extended if this was already ruled out when the residence permit was issued or last extended.

If you were obliged to attend an integration course when your residence permit was first issued, this will be taken into account when your residence permit is extended. If you have not yet taken part in an integration course, the Foreigners' Registration Office may reject your application for an extension of your residence permit. If you have not yet completed the integration course, your residence permit will generally only be extended for one year at a time until you successfully complete it or provide proof that you have been integrated into social life in some other way.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.