Apply for child building benefit

Service Description

The Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI) promotes owner-occupied residential property for families with children and single parents.

For each child under the age of 18 who is entitled to child benefit, you can receive EUR 12,000 building child benefit for

  • the new construction or purchase of owner-occupied houses or condominiums.

You will not receive building child benefit

  • if
    • all your children are 18 years or older or
    • your children no longer live in your household and
    • you are no longer entitled to child benefit.
  • if you have already received child benefit for another residential property,
  • if you already own a residential property,
  • for vacation/weekend homes and vacation apartments,
  • if the residential property is transferred to you, for example through
    • (anticipated) succession,
    • testamentary disposition or
    • gift.
  • In the event of the purchase or transfer of property between
    • spouses,
    • life partners or
    • partners in another long-term partnership.
  • in the event of the purchase or transfer of property between relatives of a household member in a direct line, for example
    • children,
    • parents,
    • grandparents or
    • great-grandparents.
  • if you buy your home from a household member.

You can only receive building child benefit if you do not exceed certain income limits:

  • for families or single parents with one child: your taxable household income must not exceed EUR 90,000 per year
  • for families or single parents with several children: The limit is increased by EUR 15,000 in each case. Example: If you have two children, your taxable household income may not exceed EUR 105,000 per year (EUR 90,000 + EUR 15,000).

The child building allowance is paid as a subsidy:

  • for each eligible child under the age of 18: EUR 1,200 per year and
  • for 10 years.

For each additional eligible child, you will receive an additional EUR 12,000 over 10 years.

If you move out of your subsidized residential property

  • move out,
  • rent it out or
  • sell it,

you no longer meet the conditions for the promotion. You must inform KfW Bankengruppe immediately in writing. You will then no longer receive the Baukindergeld.

The application for the Baukindergeld is made in the KfW Bankengruppe grant portal.

Please note
An application is only possible within the scope of available federal funds. There is no legal entitlement to funding.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.