Apply for a license to act as a real estate loan broker

Service Description

You are a real estate loan broker if you wish to broker the conclusion of real estate consumer loan agreements within the meaning of Section 491 (3) of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch) or corresponding financial assistance against payment within the meaning of Section 506 of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch) on a commercial basis or wish to advise third parties on such agreements.

Permission may be granted to natural persons and legal entities.

Partnerships (commercial partnerships) such as the Gesellschaft bürgerlichen Rechts (GbR), the Offene Handelsgesellschaft (OHG) or the Kommanditgesellschaft (KG) cannot obtain the license. In these cases, each managing partner must apply for their own permit.

In addition to obtaining a license, you must be entered in the register of intermediaries immediately after commencing your activities.

Your license may be restricted in terms of content and subject to ancillary provisions if this is necessary to protect the general public or borrowers.

If you have a license as a real estate loan broker from another EU/EEA member state and only wish to operate temporarily in Germany under the freedom to provide services or as part of the establishment of a branch office, you do not require a license in Germany. However, you must notify the authorities in your home country of your intended activity.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.