Approbation granting veterinarian from third countries

Service Description

In order to be able to work as a veterinarian in Germany without restriction, you need the Approbation.

The Approbation is the state admission to the profession. The Approbation is necessary because the profession is regulated in Germany. This means that you are not allowed to work independently as a veterinarian without an Approbation.

The Approbation will be granted to you by the competent authority if your veterinary education is equivalent to the German education. The equivalence is checked in the recognition procedure. You must fulfill further requirements for the granting of the Approbation.

You can also obtain an Approbation in Germany with a professional qualification from a so-called third country. Third countries are all countries that do not belong to the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

If your professional qualification originates from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, other regulations apply.

You can also submit the application for the procedure from abroad.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.