Service Description

The profession of medical-technical assistant for functional diagnostics is regulated in Germany. This means that in order to work in Germany as a medical-technical assistant for functional diagnostics or medical-technical assistant for functional diagnostics, you need a state permit. With this permit, you may use the job title "Medical Technical Assistant for Functional Diagnostics" or "Medical Technical Assistant for Functional Diagnostics" and work in the profession.

Even with a professional qualification from a so-called third country, you can obtain the state permit from the competent authority in Germany. Third countries are all countries that do not belong to the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. To obtain the permit, you must have your foreign professional qualification recognized.

On January 1, 2023, the training of professions in medical technology was reformed in Germany. The new law on professions in medical technology applies. The profession on this basis is called medical technologist for functional diagnostics. There is a transitional period for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications based on the old Act on Technical Assistants in Medicine. Until December 31, 2026, foreign professional qualifications may still be recognized transitionally as Medical Technical Assistant for Functional Diagnostics or Medical Technical Assistant for Functional Diagnostics. The responsible office will advise you.

In the recognition procedure, the competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification and checks the equivalence. The equivalence of the professional qualification is an important prerequisite for the granting of the state permit.

In addition to the equivalence of the professional qualification, you must fulfill other requirements for the issuance of the permit. Further requirements are, for example, sufficient German language skills and health suitability.
If your professional qualification originates from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, other regulations apply.
You can also submit the application for the procedure from abroad.

Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Thüringen (Linie6PLus)

No competent authority found

Please enter your location.